Saturday, January 28, 2017
8:00 am – Late Registration and Warm-up
9:00 am – Round 1 (3 tunes)
1:00 pm – Round 2 (3 tunes)
7:00 pm – Round 3 (3 tunes) top five in each division
In memory of Lynn Cummings
Eagles, Grand Hall
124 W Main Street
Please complete General Registration Form, Section 1 & 2, and mail by January 18, 2017.
Download Registration Form
Montana Winter Fair Fiddle Contest
443 Horseshoe Bend
Lewistown, MT 59457
Entry form must be post-marked by January 18, 2017
Open Class: $25.00
All Other Classes: $10.00
Prize money and ribbons in all divisions
Class 1: Peewee – 8 & under
Class 2: Junior-Junior – 9-12
Class 3: Junior – 13-18
Class 4: Adult 19 and over
Class 5: Open Division- $500 purse
- Fiddler must play a hoedown, waltz and tune of choice (other than a hoedown or waltz), in that
order, with none repeated in the following rounds. Peewee division is only required to play three
- No contact microphones or amplified instruments allowed in competition.
- Fiddler may play along or with no more than three accompanists; accompanists WILL NOT be
allowed to play the melody.
- There is a suggested four (4) minute time limit. There will be no penalty for playing over 4
minutes, but please try and adhere to the suggested time limit as closely as possible.
- Fiddlers may play in an older division than their actual age; however, fiddlers may enter only one
- Decisions of the judges and organizing committee will be final.
- Anyone appearing intoxicated will not be allowed on stage.
- It will be the fiddler’s responsibility to be ready when called to play in his/her division.
- If a fiddle string breaks, the fiddler will have the option to continue or stop at that point. If the
tune is completed, it will be judged as played. If the fiddler stops, he/she will be allowed to
restart with that tune and complete the program.
- Equipment malfunction, or other disruption, beyond the fiddlers control, may constitute
sufficient reason to replay the tune in which the incident took place.
- Sign-in for each division must be complete before the beginning of the first round of that
Order of Play:
Each round will have the following order of play:
(if entries are large there will be a cut made after the 1st round)
Peewee .......................... 8 & under
Junior/Junior ................. 9 through 12
Junior ............................. 13 through 18
Adult .............................. 19 & over
Open .............................. Open to all ages