Saturday, January 27, 2018
8:30 am – Registration
9:00 am – Competition begins
Fergus County Fairgrounds
Hwy 191 North
Please complete General Registration Form sections 1 & 2 and bring with your entry.
Download Registration Form
Class 1: Rabbit Agility
Lot 1: First-time Rabbit
Lot 2: Intermediate Rabbit (2nd or 3rd competition)
Lot 3: Advanced Rabbit
1st, 2nd and 3rd place ribbons for each lot
1st place prize for each lot
- Rabbits must be at least 4 months of age to compete.
- Pregnant rabbits or those that have kindled in the last 8 weeks are not allowed to compete.
- All handlers must make certain that their rabbit is healthy enough to participate (i.e. no illnesses, wounds, parasites, or diarrhea). Any rabbit appearing unwell will be disqualified.
- Each handler must clean up after their own rabbit on the course with the cleaner provided.
- Handlers may use a leash or harness, but are not required to do so.
- Handlers may lift their rabbit over an obstacle, but are not allowed to use their feet or excessive force to get the rabbit to move.
- The handler is not allowed to step over obstacles throughout the course and is not allowed to use treats for motivation.
- A rabbit that is injured or becomes lame may be disqualified by the judge for its safety.
- Poor sportsmanship on the part of the handler can be grounds for disqualification at the judge’s discretion.
- No more than one rabbit shall be on the course at a time.
2018 MT Winter Fair Agility Course:
We will be using 2 different courses for a beginner and intermediate class. The order that the course must be completed will be numbered by obstacle. To perform in the intermediate course, you must have competed at the 2017 Fergus County Fair agility competition. A handler may enter one rabbit in each class if they have one that has competed previously.
The obstacles for today’s course will include:
- 4” and 6” Jumps
- Teeter Totter
- Weave Poles
- Open Tunnel
- Hoop Jump
- Pause Box
For the intermediate course, we will also add an A-frame and closed tunnel.
Rabbits will have 2 timed runs each. They will be scored on an average of the 2 runs. They will be able to score up to 100 points with 10 points given for handler participation and 90 points given for the completion of the obstacles. We will use the Danish Rabbit Hopping and Agility Scorecard. In the event of a tie, the rabbit with the faster time will be the winner. If there is a tie for the time as well as the points, the tie will be broken by another timed trial of the course. 5 points will be deducted for each fault.
The faults will be as follows:
- False start: A fault will be issued if the rabbit starts before the judge is ready to begin.
- Lifting: If a rabbit is lifted over an obstacle, it will result in a fault.
- Missing contact zones: A rabbit that doesn’t stay within the green contact zones on the teeter totter and bridge will be faulted.
- Off course: A rabbit leaving the course by 5 feet or more will be faulted. Rabbits running backward through the course will also be faulted.
- Missing weave poles: Failure to go through all the weave poles will result in a fault.
- Exceeding the time limit. A rabbit shall be faulted if it exceeds 3 minutes to complete the course.
- Leaving the Pause Box before 5 seconds have elapsed will result in a fault
- Upsetting an obstacle on the course will result in a fault.
Thank you for participating in Rabbit Agility!
These rules are adapted from the New Jersey 4-H Rabbit Hopping and Agility Guidelines and Competition Rules.